Cancer News & Treatment Options
Over the last few years, several people close to us have battled cancer. From the news reports available, the standard cancer treatments have a very low success rate. Research into alternative treatments are quite common, but it’s time-consuming to screen through all the suggestions and anecdotes to determine which direction to go. This article will provide a list of people and organizations that appear to be reputable and supported by a wide variety of medical doctors.
As we’ve researched health and nutrition, natural/nutrition-based/alternative cancer prevention and remedies keep coming up. We struggle with so many people we know getting cancer and just blindly following traditional treatments that are usually worse than the illness. Something about the stress of the crisis causes many people to be close-minded. It’s important to be able to offer proven suggestions to those willing to listen, read and ask questions.
Here are some resources on cancer treatments & prevention, health, and general nutrition.
- Beating Cancer With Nutrition – Patrick Quillin – begins with an overview for those without time to read the whole book
- Cancer-Free: Your Guide to Gentle, Non-toxic Healing – Bill Henderson
- Healing Cancer with Common Sense – Marcus & Sabrina Freudenmann
- The Gerson Therapy: The Proven Nutritional Program for Cancer and Other Illnesses – Charlotte Gerson
Cancer-Specific Web Sites
Health-Related Web Sites (and Newsletters)
- Berkeley Wellness (newsletter) – evidence-based wellness information
- Doctor Yourself (orthomolecular medicine newsletter) – Andrew Saul, PhD – a wealth of health homesteading information (see left side for list of illnesses)
- Gerson Therapy – Charlotte Gerson – an alternative, non-toxic treatment for cancer and other chronic degenerative diseases
- Green Med Info (newsletter) – medical research & the value of natural substances
- Holistic Medicine – Dr. Brownstein – mostly sales, but sometimes has good articles
- Hungry for Change – health news from the makers of Hungry for Change and Food Matters DVDs
- Max Awareness (newsletter) – news from the creators of Cancer is Curable Now DVD
- Natural Society (newsletter) – news about natural ways to better health
- NaturalHealth365.com (talk show notification) – Jonathan Landsman
- Terry Talks Nutrition (newsletter) – the “best of the best” in scientific research & quality nutritional supplements
Talk Shows / DVDs / Podcasts
- Cancer is Curable Now – Video / DVD by Marcus Freudenmann (free to watch online)
- Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead – an inspiring tale of healing and human connection – free on Hulu
- Hungry for Change – find out what’s keeping you from having the body and health you deserve – watch first 20 minutes for free
- Natural News Talk Hour – Jonathan Landsman (weekly 60 minute audio interview, free on Sundays)
- New Cancer Solutions – 3 CDs with Mike Adams, James Forsythe, Thomas Lodi, Keith Block, Richard Linchitz, John Apsley, Jonathan Landsman
- Also see: Food Supply Documentaries
Questions to Research
- What is a PET scan & how does it work?
- How often does traditional chemo-‘therapy’ / radiation ‘cure’ cancer?
- What is the survival rate of those who get traditional treatment?
- What role does nutrition play in overcoming cancer?
- What is the primary cause of death for cancer patients?
- What lifestyle habits affect the likelihood of a cancer diagnosis?
- How do cancer cells react to sugar? …to vitamin C?